Partnering with you to provide full RTO Services
The 3CM Institute provides auspice arrangements for business management-related courses.
It is costly and complex to run a Registered Training Organisation, but now you can get all the services and advantages by working in partnership with the 3CM Institute. This is called an auspice arrangement where we partner with you and we do all the RTO-related work.
This enables you to provide Nationally recognised and accredited courses.
There are three options depending on what you are wanting to achieve:
- Enabling you to teach your own materials and having your graduates gain National qualifications that are on our Scope of Registration. This is referred to as the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) arrangement;
- Enabling you to license and teach our National programs (using our training materials). This is referred to as a License arrangement; or
- Supporting you in getting your materials audited and approved and added to our Scope of Registration.
Let's first understand how the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) works.
About the Australian Qualification Framework
The Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) provides the Standards for Australian qualifications and recognises qualification levels and qualifications for Australian universities, colleges and approved private providers, known as Registered Training Organisations (RTO). The Framework is overseen by the Training Accreditation Council who is one of two National Regulator for the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
The TAC effectively regulate:
- Vocational education and training providers;
- Accredited vocational education and training courses, and
- Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) providers including those delivering English Language Intensive Courses to Overseas Students (ELICOS).
The most important aspect to understand is that the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) offers two different categories of qualifications:
- Nationally-recognised – qualification courses that relate to a National training package where RTOs can register their course material (requiring an audit) against a set of pre-defined qualifications (e.g., Certificate IV in Leadership & Management, Diploma of Management, Advanced Diploma in Leadership & Management etc.); or
- Nationally accredited – qualification courses that do not form part of the National training package system and where the RTO has proposed and had approved a unique market-needed qualification.
These qualification categories have the same standing as National qualifications and are internationally recognised. Offering a National qualification-based course:
- Assures external parties and individuals that the course that has the Government’s backing as a high quality education program under the Australian Qualifications Framework;
- Offers an Australian Government third-party validation;
- Enables a higher fee to be charged to clients;
- Often allows the graduates to gain advanced standing into university courses, as the university qualifications are also under the same Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) system; and
- Enables the use of the AQF-related logos for marketing purposes.
The 3CM Institute welcomes experts in their field to work together in supporting high quality education towards National qualifications. The Institute is an Australian Government Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that offers National qualifications.
The Institute began its life in 1990 as the 3CM People Development as part of 3CM Pty Limited, a training and consulting company specialising in management, training the trainers, workplace health safety and behavioural performance. In 1999, 3CM changed owners and the company structure and 3CM People Development became 3CM School of Management (RTO) and 3CM Institute remains as one of the training providers for its programs. This enabled it to have alliance partners, and to help organisations create and deliver their own qualifications.
Today, the Institute still offers the Australian Qualifications, as a highly respected certification and qualification body.
Type of Eligible Courses
The Institute supports courses that relate to business education, including areas such as:
- Project Management
- Risk Management
RTO Partnering - How does it Work?
The integrity of the Institute and in supporting the protection of any individual or entity considering a partnering auspice arrangement starts with all parties signing a confidentiality agreement to enable the partner to provide their course material for review with the assurance that the Institute will only use the material as part of assessing it towards advising on it becoming a qualification-based program.
There are several factors that help determine its commercialism of becoming a qualification-based course:
- Is the course material in a format similar to that needed to transition to a qualification-based program?
- Does the course materials compare to one or more existing Training Packages to see if it can be aligned to an existing qualification?
- Does the course material suggest a potential of becoming a nationally accredited qualification course?
- What likely effort is required to convert it to a qualification-based course material, including the needed assessments?
- Does the partner have a clear market and is the qualification likely needed by the industry?
- What delivery formats will it likely suit: face-to-face, eLearning or DVD?
Once the course is validated as having a commercial worth, the 3CM Institute will then enter a partner arrangement to help you transform your course materials to qualification-based education.
Preparing to Partner
Whilst the Institute will provide all the Registered Training Organisation requirements and reporting, it is important to know that all trainers and assessors must have:
- The qualification or a higher qualification relevant to the training;
- The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) qualification; and
- Relevant and up-to-date experience and ongoing professional development.
All trainers and assessors need to be registered with the Institute.
What We Will Need
To transform your course materials towards becoming a National qualification-based course, we typically work with you to produce a:
- Training Plan - sets out the qualification name, delivery mode, course duration, competency unit components and assessment requirements;
- Student Enrolment Form - a template form for student enrolment;
- Student Training Manual - the course learning materials;
- Other learning resources - these can include PowerPoint presentation, exercises and video resources;
- Facilitator's Manual - a manual for the trainer;
- Assessment Instruction - a student guide that sets out the assessment requirements;
- Assessment Guideline - a guideline for the assessor;
- Assessment Submission - a template for the student to submit their assessment;
- Assessor's Report - a template for assessments;
- Notification Letter - a template of the letter to a graduate advising them of their success;
- Statement of Attainment - a template of the academic record for one or more units where a qualification has not been completed;
- Record of Results - a template of the academic record for all competency units where a qualification has been completed;
- Qualification - a template of the National qualification that will include the gold seal of the institute.
These are then used with the TAC application to have the course audited and approved by the Regulator, and then added to the Institute's Scope of Registration.
What Makes 3CM an Oustanding Auspice Partner?
These are many reasons for the 3CM Institute to be the auspice partner of choice, including:
- We have been engaged by major corporations, with a university and other Registered Training Organisations;
- All our team members are experienced and qualified in training and delivery training - we know education;
- We have published 'How to...' books, and developed numerous learning and assessment materials - for WorkSafe, WA Taxi Board, Taubmans Paint
- We have designed and developed over 157 nationally accredited and PD courses since 1990.
- We have a long-standing record of success in business - established in 1990 and will be around for a long time.
Here are 10 more reasons why we believe in 3CM’s approach:
- We take great care in listening to our clients, our people, our participants needs and wants.
- Engagement of operational, tactical and strategic managers through their hearts and minds, which is key to sustainable organisational performance in all areas of business.
- 3CM’s professional development framework, structured process, use of 1:1 coaching and mentoring come together to improve transference of learning to the workplace.
- Execution of workplace projects aligned to the organisation’s strategic themes, making them practical and applied to the workplace; not just based on theory and textbook case studies.
- Our focus on delivering and measuring results, so that the return on investment (ROI) is verifiable evidence of learning and application of new skills, knowledge and attributes to senior management.
- All participants, regardless of their position in the organisation, enjoy the action learning, coaching and assessment processes at 3CM.
- 3CM actively encourages people to take ownership of their own professional development.
- Facilitators draw on existing capability within the organisation to deliver high impact, customised and premium programs in ‘The 3CM Way’… transferring learning into results.
- Specialists are from leadership teams, workplace training, safety, culture and coaching, and are supported by a dynamic administrative team.
- Establishment of ‘Communities of Practice’ for people to share innovative and up-to-date best practice.
Let us start with an informed conversation with our General Manager on 1300 159 000 or contact us by email.