The EBW Team Report showed very quickly where the team issues were.The team exercises we carried out were insightful and valuable as was the individual feedback sessions. The process has, and will, continue to be very useful in generating a common unders
Groups of people working together have an Emotional Intelligence just like an individual. How individuals in a team manage their emotions and behaviours impacts on:
- How members relate to one another
- How decisions are made
- How work gets done and how effective a team is
When a team is underperforming, has had or is facing, a big membership change, emotions and unproductive behaviour regularly spiral out of control. In these situations, many want their leaders to be different – less critical or more understanding.
Or leaders want their staff to be different – to buy in to their ideas and respond positively to change. They say things like,
“they don’t respect me,” "they don't work as hard as me" or “he doesn’t make good decisions,”
The focus of 3CM's Emotional Intelligence Team Programme is about empowering delegates to understand and be able to take personal responsibility for the critical emotions and behaviours at work (Business EQ) that impact on their team’s performance.
3CM has experienced EBWt Team Facilitators who will work with you to develop a team solution (face to face or virtually) that meets the specific needs of the leaders and teams in your organisation to maximise their performance.
The EBWt Emotional Intelligence System Develops High Performing Teams
The EBWt Team System provides a clear picture of your team from a '360' viewpoint and the impact each member has on colleagues and the performance of the team.
Leaders and teams can see instantly which emotions and behaviours are inhibitors and activators to effective team performance. Barriers to progress are easily identifiable (See diagram right).
The EBWt Team System is used for:
- Building a team's awareness of emotions and behaviours that affect performance
- Developing a deeper understanding of others in cross cultural or global teams
- Leadership coaching
- Team recruitment
- Development of high performing teams
Who should use it?
For those working in team environments where there are frequent and challenging interactions with colleagues and customers. It is particularly useful for those leaders and teams who are struggling to understand the underlying nature of emotions that impact on a team's behaviour and who want to improve their team’s performance (e.g. senior management teams, customer facing teams, virtual teams, global teams consisting of different nationalities etc.).
The EBWt Team Programme
The EBWt Team Programme enables leaders and team members to identify goals, gain understanding, increase motivation and have a framework to ensure the achievement of the team's objectives.
It can be thought of as 4 stages:
|Analyse, benchmark and agree the design, success indicators and objectives for the leadership or team development programme.|
|Each team member completes the EBW assessment and receives a 1 to 1 coaching session on the results of their EBW Emotional Intelligence Report.|
|Team members attend a number of short sessions (2-3 hours) or a one off session with practical experiential exercises and ‘360’ intensive team coaching sessions on each aspect of EBW Emotional Intelligence Model for Business to develop the team’s optimal performance.|
|Evaluation of Team Performance and future target setting, with personal individual and team Business Emotional Intelligence Maps.|
Why it works?
3CM's Emotional Intelligence Team Programme is a powerful experience for delegates, it builds their Business Emotional Intelligence and changes their performance; by operating at a deeper level of attitudes and feelings that underpin behaviour and performance within the team.
What will the team get out of it?
- They will develop a straightforward method of benchmarking and analysing the impact that emotions and behaviours have on their team and how to raise their performance.
- Each team member will have a 1 to 1 coaching session based on their EBW assessment, which will give them a benchmark and a clear understanding of their Business Emotional Intelligence and what they have to do to improve their performance.
- The team will get together for a number of team coaching sessions that will provide an opportunity to learn and practice how to manage emotions and behaviours, to enable the team to function as a high performing team.
- A better understanding of what drives fellow team members’ behaviour and what to do about it.
- Each team member will get the skills to read and respond effectively to the emotions and behaviours of others, in and outside the team.
- The team members will learn how to build empathetic relationships with others.
- They will agree mutual goals, share progress and strategies and decide a realistic timeline for improvement.
- Each team member will receive their own personal Business Emotional Intelligence Map, so they can continue developing their Business EQ and the team’s success after the programme.
Next move...is yours
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.