This one-day session offered the right amount of new skills and practice to give me confidence in holding others accountable. It’s the perfect training add-on for busy leaders.
Critical Accountability™ Training
Enhance Accountability, Improve Performance, and Ensure Execution
- What ever happened to accountability?...Do You want to Enhance Accountability, Improve Performance, and Ensure Execution?
- Is accountability rock solid in your work culture?
- When team members make promises do you sign in relief or does it keep you awake at night?
- Do you make plans, set goals, give assignments, and 'HOPE' that maybe people will deliver?
Critical Accountability Companion Course
This one-day companion course builds on the skills learned in Critical Conversations and introduces a powerful set of new skills to resolve your most challenging accountability issues. It enables those who already have knowledge of crucial conversations skills to diagnose why someone keeps falling short of set expectations and then derive a plan that both motivates and enables the other person to successfully change his or her behaviours. These additional skills are perfect for crucial accountability conversations that seem resistant to dialogue skills alone.
What does Critical Accountability™ Training Teach?
Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior, the Critical Accountability Companion Course engages participants with extensive in-class practice and group participation.
This course teaches people at all levels of the organisation - from leadership to frontline employees - how to:
- Accountability. Hold anyone accountable, regardless of position or personality.
- Diagnose the Underlying Cause. Is the offending person unmotivated? Or is he or she unable? Perhaps it's both. Participants learn to identify the underlying cause or causes behind every problem -- even when the other person masks or hides the real issue.
- Make It Easy. What if the person can't do what's been asked? How do you enable the unable? Participants learn to involve the other person in coming up with solutions to his or her ability barriers.
- Make It Motivating. What if you discover that others don't want to do what's been asked? Or if they have conflicting priorities? Participants learn to avoid leading with threats or power and instead, search for and explain the natural consequences of noncompliance.
By learning these advanced skills, you can have an impact in the following areas:
|The Impact Zone|
|Productivity||Deal with non-compliance or violations before they escolate into critical problems|
|Performance||Discuss deviations without generating defensive or resentment|
|Change Management||Eliminate resistance by replacing fear and incertainty with genuine motivation|
Hold everyone accountable to the same standards, regardless of position or personality, replacing inequity with justice and unity
|Safety||Nurture safe practices by knowing which infractions to confront and how to confront them|
|Relationships||Confront broken promises or violated expectations in a way that solves the problem while strengthening the relationship|
This course is for you if you’ve been disappointed by others’ performance and want to be able to hold them accountable in a way that’s both firm and respectful. Or if you’re tired of working in an environment where goals are set and assignments are given, and then people treat their assignments as rough guidelines rather than firm commitments. Or perhaps in your own work group failed deadlines are met with hostile looks and vague comments instead of honest, direct discussion. In short, if you want to learn how to hold others accountable, or as a leader you want to help create a culture where everyone speaks honestly, clearly, and respectfully about violated expectations, this course is your next logical choice.
Critical Conversations Training is the prerequisite for all attendees of the Critical Accountability Companion Course.
Note: 3CM ownes the nationally recognised qualification concept and process to specific assessment to Australian training packages.
For more information Contact 3CM today
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.