This one-day session offered the right amount of new skills and practice to give me confidence in holding others accountable. It’s the perfect training add-on for busy leaders.
Coming soon...Crucial Accountability™ Training
- What ever happened to accountability?...Do You want to Enhance Accountability, Improve Performance, and Ensure Execution?
- Is accountability rock solid in your work culture?
- When team members make promises do you sign in relief or does it keep you awake at night?
- Do you make plans, set goals, give assignments, and 'HOPE' that maybe people will deliver?
Crucial Accountability Companion Course
This one-day companion course builds on the skills learned in Crucial Conversations and introduces a powerful set of new skills to resolve your most challenging accountability issues. It enables those who already have knowledge of crucial conversations skills to diagnose why someone keeps falling short of set expectations and then derive a plan that both motivates and enables the other person to successfully change his or her behaviours. These additional skills are perfect for crucial accountability conversations that seem resistant to dialogue skills alone.
What does Crucial Accountability™ Training Teach?
With more than 30 original video clips of "before and after" situations and video-based instruction from the authors of the New York Times best-seller Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior, the Crucial Accountability Companion Course engages participants with extensive in-class practice and group participation.
This course taeches people at al levels of the organisation - from leadership to frontline employees - how to:
- Accountability. Hold anyone accountable, regardless of position or personality.
- Diagnose the Underlying Cause. Is the offending person unmotivated? Or is he or she unable? Perhaps it's both. Participants learn to identify the underlying cause or causes behind every problem -- even when the other person masks or hides the real issue.
- Make It Easy. What if the person can't do what's been asked? How do you enable the unable? Participants learn to involve the other person in coming up with solutions to his or her ability barriers.
- Make It Motivating. What if you discover that others don't want to do what's been asked? Or if they have conflicting priorities? Participants learn to avoid leading with threats or power and instead, search for and explain the natural consequences of noncompliance.
By learning these advanced skills, you can have an impact in the following areas:
- Productivity - deal with non-compliance or violations before they escalate into critical problems
- Performance - discuss deviations without generating defensiveness or resentment
- Change Management - eliminate resistance by replacing fear and incertainty with genuine motivation
- Teamwork - hold everyone accountable to the same standards, regardless of position or personality, replacing inequity with justice and unity
- Quality - discuss challenges and barriers in a way that yieds creative and supported solutions
- Safety - nurture safe practices by knowing which infractions to confront and how to confront them.
- Relationships - confront broken promises or violated expectations in a way that solves the problem while strengthening the relationship
Who will benefit from this training?
This course is for you if you’ve been disappointed by others’ performance and want to be able to hold them accountable in a way that’s both firm and respectful. Or if you’re tired of working in an environment where goals are set and assignments are given, and then people treat their assignments as rough guidelines rather than firm commitments. Or perhaps in your own work group failed deadlines are met with hostile looks and vague comments instead of honest, direct discussion. In short, if you want to learn how to hold others accountable, or as a leader you want to help create a culture where everyone speaks honestly, clearly, and respectfully about violated expectations, this course is your next logical choice.
Crucial Conversations Training is the prerequisite for all attendees of the Crucial Accountability Companion Course.
Note: 3CM ownes the nationally recognised qualification concept and process to specific assessment to Australian training packages. The tools, techniques and training solutions described on this page are owned entirely by VitalSmarts Inc. U.S.A. SevenSeventeen is the sole Australia & N.Z. licensee for VitalSmarts products and training solutions.
For more information Contact 3CM today
Students will take part in a highly interactive project forum, with group discussion and collaborative research for maximum impact and learning. The DiSC behavioural profiling is used in relation to strengths and challenges. This is followed up with 4 half day project forums for students to work on their projects and receive feedback from an Assessor. Projects are linked to the organisation’s strategic themes and core values, making them applied to real situations, rather than theory and textbook.
- DiSC® Psychometric Assessment
- Facilitated sessions
- Case studies
- Guided discussion
- Syndicate work
- 1:1 coaching model focuses on individual needs and learning styles
- 3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1990, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action, which may include complimentary attendance on a 3CM open learning programme.