“George is very knowledgeable and passionate about his work, engaged everyone to ensure full participation and transference of learning. We will be engaging his services again.”
More coming soon...
Bad Meetings are Business Killers...what is the cost to your business?
New research (conducted in May 2015) from executive leadership coaches That People Thing shows:
- Senior staff believe just 36% of meeting time helps with their jobs and only 44% of time helps the business.
- More than a third admit to daydreaming and one in 10 plan their evening meal
- 27% are doodling and 1% are on dating sites or looking for jobs
- More than half (51%) say they go to meetings even when they know beforehand it is going to be a waste of time
The research found the main problem with meetings was how long they were:
- 56% say meetings they attend are too long, followed by
- 43% who say colleagues have not prepared, and
- The same number who say meetings veer off topic and are not organised.
What makes a good meeting?...general agreement on what makes a good meeting:
- 59% say a meeting which makes clear decisions is valuable
- While 45% welcome a vigorous debate and discussion
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage a range of meetings including overseeing the meeting preparation processes, chairing meetings, organising the minutes and reporting meeting outcomes.
It applies to individuals employed in a range of work environments who are required to organise and manage meetings within their workplace, including conducting or managing administrative tasks in providing agendas and meeting material. They may work as senior administrative staff or may be individuals with responsibility for conducting and chairing meetings in the workplace.
- Prepare for meetings
- Conduct meetings
- Follow-up meetings
Next move...is yours
Contact 3CM today and discuss how the 3CM Leadership Development System can assist you and/or your managers to become the Leader and Manager you, them and their people need them to be.
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.