Rising to any challenge – such as the renewal of strategic and organisational direction...
A highly practical and interactive approach designed to provide strategic thinking, a clear framework and tools for managers to research, direct and develop the organisation’s strategic and business plans. Because, the environment within which organisations operate is becoming increasingly turbulent and complex and it’s vital that managers can analyse and develop innovative strategies that provide a competitive edge for both the present and the future.
This Programme Will Benefit
Executive and senior managers, middle managers aspiring to senior management including small business owners, public and professional practice personnel: who are expected to establish strategic direction and develop the strategic and business plans. Work-based learning is particularly suited to people whose learning style is best met through ‘hands-on’ learning; those with commitments making it difficult for them to leave their workplaces for extended periods; and, those who are simply not comfortable in a formal ‘classroom’ environment.
This course is applicable to participants from both the public and private sectors.
In order to complete the assessment requirements at this level, participants should have at least 5 years experience as a line manager.
- The relationship between the strategic plan, the business plan and operational plans
- The strategic planning process
- Strategic purpose – core values, purpose and mission
- Situation analysis – internal environment and external environment
- Strategic objectives, strategic options and competitive strategies
- Producing, implementing and monitoring the plan.
- Create or confirm organisational vision, mission and core values Conduct and analyse the internal and external environment
- Monitor and evaluate business unit performance
- Define and articulate strategic goals and performance objectives Identify levers for critical implementation of strategy
- Align and develop the business and strategic plans
- Implement strategic plan and respond to performance data.
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.