George and his staff are exceptionally skilled in their ability to customise the program to suit our needs, their high attention to detail, and their willingness to coach and instruct our staff on an individual level according to the individual's ability
MANAGERS FIRST 100 DAYS - for the newly appointed Managers
3 Days of face-to-face experiential learning
3 month of workplace learning experience
Typically up to 6 months learning journey
Can lead to a Diploma of Leadership and Management
This programme is for newly appointed managers who have on-the-job know how but may lack experience in leading, coaching and motivating their new team. 3CM's 'Managers First 100 Days" programme will fast-track participants understanding and ability to lead, direct and manage, becoming a valuable asset to the organisation.
It happens in many businesses across the world and may sound familiar; newly promoted supervisors and managers are expected to “sink or swim” to validate their appointment.
They will have a wealth of knowledge in their area of expertise, but may grapple to extract high performance from a relatively unknown or too familiar, and sometimes hostile, team. Some are being asked to make the switch from 'team member' to 'team manager' which is a monumental change often overlooked.
This results in many new managers feeling out of their depth and may be reduced to resorting to exerting their authority as the only way to make their team achieve objectives. It does not have to be this way.
In order to create momentum during the critical first 100 days following the appointment, we recommend new supervisors to participate on our specialised supervisor course. The course is equally as valuable for supervisors who may have been in the role for a while but have not had an opportunity to build their management or supervisory level skills.
3CM premium learning support
|As a Premium Programme the learning is supported throughout the duration with...|
- Gain confidence capability as a manager
- Build credibility by securing early wins
- Achieve strategic, operational, systems & skills alignment with the team
- Motivate and renew the inherited team
- Delegate low level tasks and improve time management and effectiveness
- Become a coach to develop rather than just administer people's performance
- How to have those tough 'Crucial Conversations' with team members about performance
- How to hold ongoing performance reviews as well as annual reviews
- How to set goals, forecast, plan activity, and manage team members' time more effectively
- How to coach, motivate, monitor, reward and reprimand older or more experienced people
- How to recruit and retain the right people
- Ultimately how to transition from 'doer' to ‘manager’
The 3CM process...not an event
Following the proven and highly effective 3CM process we will assist you to get your people on track, through:
Phase 1: Assessment [Diagnostic]
Comprehensive Needs Analysis
Phase 2: Consulting
Phase 3: Training
High Performance Learning
Phase 4: Coaching
High Performance Coaching
Phase 5: Assessment [Summative]
Measure the Results
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are already more than 100 days into the role and need more support, these skills, startegy and tlhe leading edge tools are still relevant to you
Nationally recognised course
Yes, this course can be linked to Diploma of Leadership and Management and additional fee applies for the option of assessment (4 x units of competency)
Requirements to receive the qualification
By successfully completing the face-to-face workshop and assessment requirements of the units of competence from the Diploma of Leadership and Management, or apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Participants can achieve the nationally recognised qualification with either or combination of both approaches. RPL is a process that enables those who are interested in gaining the qualification to be granted exemption from some or all of the training programmes.
Next move...is yours
Contact 3CM today to discuss how our Managers First 100 Days programme can assist you and/or your managers to become the Manager you, them and their people need them to be.
1300 159 000
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.