I'm glad I have done this course. I would recommend junior managers to do this course.
What cheeses them off about meetings?
If there is anything that cheeses a team off, it is the chairperson’s lack of skill and knowledge of conducting an effective meeting. This program explores how there are basically three purposes for conducting a meeting: to solve problems; share information and agree on actions. A skilled chairperson is one who plans and controls a meeting to ensure the purpose is achieved efficiently, fairly and is as enjoyable as possible.
This programme will benefit
All managers, from supervisors and team leaders to business unit and divisional managers, who are responsible for chairing management, team, public or social meetings, or anyone who just wants to know more about the meeting process. Work-based learning is particularly suited to people whose learning style is best met through ‘hands-on’ learning; those with commitments making it difficult for them to leave their workplaces for extended periods; and, those who are simply not comfortable in a formal ‘classroom’ environment.
- Plan and prepare documentation for a meeting
- Chair a meeting with confidence and competence
- Share information and solve problems
- Manage issues that arise and make decisions
- Identify and use key communications skills
- Design and develop a personal ‘meeting game plan’ Recording and producing minutes of meetings.
This program can be linked to:
Diploma of Leadership and Management
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.