The Integral Workplace Assessment workshop gave me the confidence and the 'want' to go further. The IWPA coaching gave me more direction in the way to go forward with my plans and tools
Overview - Supervisor Requirements for Chevron Contractors
This coure will provide the Contract Supervisor with the necessary competencies to satisfy the minimum site requirements for working on oil and gas projects. They will therefore, have to be trained and assessed in specific Units of Competency in the critical areas of effective leadership, establishing effective workplace relationships and promoting team effectiveness. Successful completion of each unit must be recognised in the form of a Statement of Attainment issued by a Registered Training Organisation such as 3CM School of Management.
Who will Benefit from this Course
Experienced supervisors currently employed or soon to employed on oil and gas project sites from contract organisations to other related organisations working on these sites.
The tools and skills techniques should provide a significant improvement in areas such as:
- Turning critical conversations into demonstrable action and results with clear decisions and commitments
- Recognise and diffuse violence and silence
- Dealing with difficult people well by listening when others blow up or clam up
- Speaking persuasively, not abrasively
- Staying in dialogue when you or others are angry, scared or hurt
- Making it safe for others to speak up about almost anything
- Noticing when safety interactions is at risk
- Understand your own style under stress
- Separating facts from stories and emotions
- Holding the right conversation by staying focused on what you really want and mean
- Spoting the conversations that are keeping you from where you want to be
- Satisfy the competency requirements to work on Chevrons and other oil and gas fields
- Applying leadership principles in the workplace
Requirements to Receive Certification
Candidates must successfully complete an in-class assessment componenet during the course in order to be granted a Statement of Attainment for the three units of competency.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Candidates can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning if they can demonstrate experience relevant to the individual Units of Competency.
New supervisors, with no previous experience, can consider the option of individual and/or group coaching (maximum 3) who require additional support to understand leadership, people and teams by implementing sustainable skills in the workplace. Coaching Fees are currently $350.00 per hour.
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.