Brilliant with people, brilliant speaker, keeps things interesting. George made me very excited about training and very enthusiastic. I have found what I wanted to do.
LEADERSHIP SPEAKING...most feared of all leadership skills
A person who can listen, think and speak “on their feet” will enjoy success as a communicator and respected as a leader.
Participants on this workshop will develop presentation and communications skills, as well as learning to apply the proven rule of: ‘Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, tell them what you have told them…’ in an interesting way.
What is your need?
- Do you need to influence people in meetings, forums, classrooms or conferences to change their thinking or behaviour?
- Is nervousness or a lack of confidence in your ability to communicate ideas hindering your career progression or causing you anxiety?
- Would you like to learn how to maximise your impact, influence your audience and ensure your communication is always clear and effective?
You can be a persuasive business presenter and influencer – and it only takes two comprehensive days of training and a solid follow-up coaching programme.
There's an Art and Science in Delivering a Business PresentationBusiness presentations are different to the speeches we make at weddings, birthdays and sporting events. They require precision, intelligence and commitment. In the Leadership Speaking, The 3CM team will teach you everything you need to know to be an influencial business presenter. They teach presentation skills in a unique and fascinating way. You’ll learn the theory behind why certain models and approaches are best practice, and despite the fact that we promise there are no role plays in the programme you’ll practice the techniques over and over until you know them inside out and can use them successfully from the minute you get back to work.
This 'Leadership Speaking' programme is limited to only 10 delegates, so that:
Senior and middle managers, technical experts, professional practitioners, sales and customer service professionals, supervisors and team leaders to apply skills for the preparation and delivery of confident and professional presentations that will inspire the audience and influence them to a point of view. It also includes how to use visual aids to achieve optimal outcomes.In addition to learning the process of creating and delivering an effective speech, delegates of leadership speaking leave the class with a number of other benefits as well. Some of these benefits include:
- Developing critical thinking skills,
- Fine-tuning verbal and non-verbal skills,
- Overcoming fear of public speaking.
- Plan and prepare an effective presentation
- Analyse your audience and ensure your preparation time is minimal
- Design your presentation so it meets the intrinsic needs of all audience types
- Manage your nervousness
- Give your audience what they need
- Put information together in a way which appeals to or makes impact upon the minds of the listeners
- Present information in an interesting way
- Design and deliver PowerPoint slides to enhance, not ‘take over’ your presentation
- Knowledge of the principles of effective communication
- Use your voice confidently and charismatically
- Handle a variety of group dynamics
- Use visual aids that support your points rather than ‘take over’ your presentation
- Move your body to hold the attention of the audience
- Create the optimal audience environment
- Generate energy through body movement and gestures
- Analyse your own performance to remove distracting habits
- Influence your audience to change their thinking and/or behaviour using music, story, high-level rapport building and advanced language techniques.
- Speak clearly and confidently in both prepared and impromptu speaking situations
- Think on your feet
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of the presentation.
Highly Interactive Learning Methodolgy
Delgates will take part in a highly interactive learning forum, with group action learning and collaborative research for maximum impact and learning. This includes preparation, delivery and evaluation of the effectiveness of at least two presentations related to the candidate’s occupation or area of interest.
Learning Approach...its a process not an event
A variety of learning approaches are used to reflect the diversity of participants and linked to our consultants subject matter expertise for the most engaging methodology to the adult learning principles.
3CM's Experiential Learning Cycle
3CM utilised Kolb's experiential learning style theory to develop its own model and is typically represented by a five stage learning cycle in which the learner 'touches all the bases':
|Learning from a 'doing' a relevant and engaging activity||Learning from sharing reactions and observations with other participants||Learning from examining that activity critically and discussing patterns, dynamics with other participants||Learning from useful insight that could be used outside the activity setting||
Learning by applying the insights to work by determining how it could be used in actual situations.
- What makes a successful presentation…and what doesn’t
- Understanding the audience and its needs
- Presentation intent and purpose
- Preparation and planning
- Using presentation aids effectively
- Managing anxiety
- Presentation format and delivery techniques
- Presentation review
- Handling questions
- Practical sessions
How to Get the Most from Your Course Participation
You’re making an investment in time, and money (if you’re sponsoring yourself), by enrolling in this course. Here are three suggestions to help you reap more benefit from your participation:
- Consider what work team/colleague/friend you could teach an idea/technique to. This means, arrange a five-minute catch-up appointment with a work colleague/friend the next workday after your course to teach that person, the most memorable idea/techniques you learned in the course. This ‘teaching’ will help you retain the idea/technique. Until you can teach an idea/technique to other people you don’t really know it yourself.
- Plan to participate/volunteer. In all of George Sawiris’s courses he offers various opportunities, throughout the day, for participants to have additional attempts at practicing techniques/interaction types. The people that volunteer for these opportunities get more worth from the course. So come prepared to participate and volunteer.
- Before the course, write down in one sentence or phrase a specific thing/behaviour/attitude etc. that you’ll like to exit the workshop with. You’ll get the opportunity to share this thing/behaviour/attitude at the start of the day.
3CM Premium Learning Support
|As a Premium Programme the learning is supported throughout the duration with...|
Other Learning Support Options
|...for your consideration|
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
|Unique Student Identifier (USI)|
Mandatory from 1 January 2015, all students undertaking any Nationally Recognised Training in Australia will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Once you obtained your USI, you can use it throughout your life, to keep a centralized online record of all your Nationally Recognised Training. Whether you’re studying at a public or a private training organisation, completing a certificate, diploma or even an advanced diploma course, apprenticeships or skill set course…you’ll need a USI.
To afford you, our client’s maximum protection, all 3CM’s consulting, professional development programs, conference presentations, coaching or project forums and training workshops are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for whatever reason, you believe that we have failed to meet your expectations, we will redo the work you are not pleased with at NO charge.
"In the end, people are persuaded not by what you said, but by what they understand." John C. Maxwell
Next Step - call us on 1300 159 000 or...
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.