3CM is more than just a training provider. They have provided the platform for our transformation towards a learning organisation, focused on excellence and with a committment to provide quality service
This in-depth course is designed to be completed by attending four days of training over eight weeks and completing a workplace based project in between each day of training. This comprehensive approach enables frontline supervisors and managers to explore new ideas and models presented in class and to interpret and apply this information in-depth back at their workplace.
Despite the predominance of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) as a key driver of business over recent times, organisations are often still struggling to achieve the aspiration of “Zero Harm” and the full engagement of employees in the WHS effort.
This course will benefit
This course will challenge traditional approaches and assist frontline supervisors, team leaders and business unit managers to apply new concepts around Safety Leadership and subsequently implement an effective Safety Leadership Action Plan for their own organisation.
- The role of leadership in building a culture of safety
- Management vs Leadership
- Leadership case studies
- Integrating Safety Leadership into Operational Planning
- Effective communication skills
- Communicating ideas and expectations
- Developing trust and integrity
- Providing, receiving and using feedback
- Resolving issues, problems and conflicts
- Effective working relationships and performance management
- Safety management systems
- Tools and techniques to support safety management systems
- Implement strategies for improving WHS performance through visible Safety Leadership
- Describe the commitments and actions required of a genuine Safety Leader
- Gather, convey and receive information and ideas
- Build and maintain networks and relationships
- Manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
- Understanding and applying your legal and practical responsibilities for providing a safe working environment
- Implementing changes in your workplace to make it safer
This course can be linked to:
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
3CM will work with you to plan and schedule the course to meet your business imperatives and operational requirements. This course can be delivered anywhere in Australia or overseas.
The Requirements to Achieve Competency
By successfully completing the face-to-face workshops and assessment requirements from units of competency from the Cert IV qualification (6 units). Participants are required to complete an assessment task for each of the programmes above, showing how they are applying the competence addressed on the programmes in the workplace. Or apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Participants can achieve the nationally recognised qualification with either or combination of both approaches. RPL is a process that enables those who are interested in gaining the qualification to be granted exemption from some or all of the training programmes.
Developing a High Performance Culture
Our courses are highly participative workshops and project forums in the true sense. You'll have an opportunity to explore issues and practice skills during individual and group activities (Action Learning). We believe that the most beneficial elements of our workshops are your opportunities to perform the new skills and receive feedback (not only from the facilitator, but from your peers as well).
We use “Action learning”, as a process in which groups of learners collaborate to solve actual workplace problems. In this way, organisations benefit from gaining solutions to critical challenges and participants benefit by learning from their experiences.
We follow a quick pace in our workshops so expect a high-content, high-involvement, high-energy programme. We'll use checklists, handouts, questionnaires, learning guides, worksheets and workbooks, and samples of templates to provide you with tangible guidance in developing new skills. Numerous tips and techniques are contained in the course materials and reinforced during exercises. The focus and efficiency you gain from the workshop will reduce your extra workload.
To summarise – our approach is to do it rather than talk about it.
Assessment Centre - Diagnostics Tools
- DiSC® Psychometric Behavioural Assessments
- EBW Business EQ Assessments
- P8 Organisation Culture Assessments
- TIA Trust Inside Teams Assessments
- The 5 Behaviours of Cohesive Team Assessment
- Competency Based Assessments
- Learning Style Assessment
- Facilitated sessions by high callibre practitioners
- Case studies that are relevant, practical and applied
- Guided discussion, rather then theory and textbook
- Syndicate work, collaborative and applicable to real workplace situations
- Workplace projects linked to strategic and operational imperatives
Support for Blended Learning
- Learning Resources (including high quality 3CM designed templates and handouts)
- Learner Workbooks and Worksheets
- eLearning (flexible and blended approach)
- Coaching (3CM’s coaching can increase transference of learning from 20% to 88%)
- Formative and summative assessments
Your Guarantee of Quality
Since 1991, 3CM have met stringent AQTF requirements; programmes are covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If we fail to meet your expectations, contact us and we will negotiate corrective action.